Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Andy Brook <ja...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/27 16:46:15 UTC

2.0 release date?

Hi,
I was wondering if someone can provide more details about when 2.0 will get
'officially' released as the main http://velocity.apache.org page still
refers 1.7 , 2.0 RC-6 was last mentioned in January on the newsgroups?

The fixVersion for VELOCITY-776 in JIRA lists 2.0, which is listed as
released on 7 NOV 2016:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VELOCITY?selectedTab=com.atlassian.
jira.jira-projects-plugin:versions-panel

The 2.0 release at https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/velocity/
velocity-engine/2.0
Is that final?  I built it but failed one test, my svn-fu is weak on tags.

Thanks,
Andy

--
Andy Brook

Re: 2.0 release date?

Posted by Andy Brook <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Claude,
Thanks for the update, I'll tinker with Rc6 meantime.  Keep up the good
work!

Best Regards,
Andy

On 27 March 2017 at 18:28, Claude Brisson <cl...@renegat.net> wrote:

> Well, there has already been six release candidates in the last few
> months, and I really hope the next one will be good.
>
> I'd really like to manage to publish it in April.
>
>   Claude
>
> On 27/03/2017 18:46, Andy Brook wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I was wondering if someone can provide more details about when 2.0 will
>> get
>> 'officially' released as the main http://velocity.apache.org page still
>> refers 1.7 , 2.0 RC-6 was last mentioned in January on the newsgroups?
>>
>> The fixVersion for VELOCITY-776 in JIRA lists 2.0, which is listed as
>> released on 7 NOV 2016:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VELOCITY?selectedTab=com.atlassian.
>> jira.jira-projects-plugin:versions-panel
>>
>> The 2.0 release at https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/velocity/
>> velocity-engine/2.0
>> Is that final?  I built it but failed one test, my svn-fu is weak on tags.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Andy

Andy Brook

Re: 2.0 release date?