Posted to dev@ranger.apache.org by Selvamohan Neethiraj <sn...@apache.org> on 2016/01/26 18:42:15 UTC

PMD integration for Ranger ...

All:

I see that PMD tool used for static code analysis has a maven plugin and it seems to catch lot of issues (just like findbugs).
I integrated with the ranger pom.xml and found lot of codes are not in compliance with the standard ruleset provided by pmd.
So, I have created some exceptions for these ruleset to avoid build breakage for time-being (see:  https://github.com/apache/incubator-ranger/blob/master/dev-support/ranger-pmd-ruleset.xml )

However, we need to fix these issues asap to ensure that we are following code standards. I am creating a RANGER JIRA (RANGER-824) to fix these issue in the upcoming release.

Anyone, who would like to take these tasks (full or partial), please do provide patches to fix for the issue.

Thanks,
Selva-

Re: PMD integration for Ranger ...

Posted by Alok Lal <al...@hortonworks.com>.
+1

I created the first one RANGER-851 as a sub-task under it and have submitted a patch for it.

Posted by Don Bosco Durai <bo...@apache.org>.