Posted to dev@unomi.apache.org by Serge Huber <sh...@jahia.com> on 2020/04/21 13:49:00 UTC

Cutting release 1.5.0 of Apache Unomi next week?

Hi all,

I'd love to be able to cut the release of Apache Unomi 1.5.0 next week. I'm
hoping to get a few PRs in in the meantime and cleanup JIRA so that we're
ready to release.

Also, I'm hoping we can then start release more frequent smaller releases
(1.5.1, 1.5.2) etc.. and don't have to wait a long time for a new release
but at the same time continue the big work for Unomi 2 (see JB's email).

What do you think about that?

Best regards,
  Serge...

Serge Huber
CTO & Co-Founder
T +41 22 361 3424
9 route des Jeunes | 1227 Acacias | Switzerland
jahia.com <http://www.jahia.com/>
SKYPE | LINKEDIN <https://www.linkedin.com/in/sergehuber> | TWITTER
<https://twitter.com/sergehuber> | VCARD
<http://www.jahia.com/vcard/HuberSerge.vcf>

> JOIN OUR COMMUNITY <http://www.jahia.com/> to evaluate, get trained and
to discover why Jahia is a leading User Experience Platform (UXP) for
Digital Transformation.

Re: Cutting release 1.5.0 of Apache Unomi next week?

Posted by Serge Huber <sh...@apache.org>.
Hi all,

A quick update on the release process of 1.5.0. It is still on-going
because of some late discovered problems notably:
- Docker project not up to date (fixed, PR in review)
- Source packaging not working properly because of NodeJS and node_modules
being included in the project (fixed)
- A regression on a PR that was merged recently. (fixed)

All of these issues are now solved so the release process will resume early
next week. Despite this the release is looking good and I'm pleased to say
that as the first issue was fixed we will also have a Docker Hub release !
I've already tested with a snapshot you can find here:
https://hub.docker.com/layers/apache/unomi/1.5.0-SNAPSHOT/images/sha256-ad267641d247a938f6a94e34441a862912fe57382eb8e4a7ce76d2128889cf7f?context=repo

Thanks for your interest and patience,
Regards,
  Serge...