Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "S.Parr24" <S....@googlemail.com> on 2010/09/15 16:00:55 UTC

JMeter Load test - TinyMCE CMS box Population

Hi

I am attempting to create a load test script using JMeter for a web
application using TinyMCE CMS boxes for some of the form fields.

I have record the script using the HTTP Proxy Server, and the field name and
the input characters are recorded successfully from the TinyMCE boxes.

I have used the information recorded by the Proxy to create a test plan,
When the plan is run it appears that the TinyMCE boxes are failing to
populate causing form validation to activate.

The field names do not appear to have any unique ids or anything that make
then different for each thread.

I want to know if this is a common problem with Jmeter and CMS boxes, and
whether there is a solution to get these fields to populate successfully.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Re: JMeter Load test - TinyMCE CMS box Population

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi
TinyMCE is  javascript utility and as such makes no difference to JMeter.
>When the plan is run it appears that the TinyMCE boxes are failing to
populate causing form validation to activate.
What you actually mean is that the server doesnt get the values it expected
causing server side validation to throw some error
>The field names do not appear to have any unique ids or anything that make
then different for each thread.
>I want to know if this is a common problem with Jmeter and CMS boxes
Interwoven which uses TinyMCE is a beast to get working correctly with
JMeter because it does have a lot of dynamic stuff. You will have to do the
usual compare browser request/response with Jmeter View Results Tree. Which
CMS system are you using? Is there a demo online?

regards
deepak