Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by "Armbrust, Daniel C." <Ar...@mayo.edu> on 2002/05/02 00:51:33 UTC

XML:DB Exception occurred, jdk 1.3.0 bugs

I was in the process of typing up this question, but then I solved it
myself, but I figured I might as well post it anyway, since I couldn't find
a situation like this in the archives:

I was trying to get a collection, from a remote database with this line:

col =
DatabaseManager.getCollection("xmldb:xindice://xxx.xxx.xxx.xx:4080/db");

When I run it from a windows machine (NT4 SP6), using JBuilder 4 and the jdk
that shipped with JBuilder (1.3.0-C)I get the following exception:

XML:DB Exception occured 1
org.xmldb.api.base.XMLDBException: A connection to the Database instance
'db' could not be created. Error: can't instantiate default ORB
implementation com.inprise.vbroker.orb.ORB

This error went away when I made JBuilder use jdk 1.3.1_01.

Does xindice require jdk1.3.1 (due to bugs in 1.3.0)?
If so, should the docs be modified to say so?