Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jonathan Mast <jh...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/16 02:12:42 UTC

Using PHP4 with Tomcat5.5

I can't figure out how to use php4 with tomcat 5.5 on my windows system.  I
searched the internet and I can't find a straight forward guide to using
these 2 programs.  If anyone could point me to a step-by-step guide it would
be great.

thanks

Re: Using PHP4 with Tomcat5.5

Posted by Martin <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Andre-

I found this link helpful..
http://hi.baidu.com/kuch/blog/item/d8c41ef44231c16bdcc474ac.html

make sure your
/net/php/servlet.properties contains this library specification e.g.
library=php5srvlt

and
/net/php/reflect.properties contains this library specification e.g.
library=php5srvlt

where php5srvlt.dll is located in the folder which java_opts environment
variable specifies thru java.library.path e.g.
SET JAVA_OPTS=-Djava.library.path=F:\PHP
export JAVA_OPTS

HTH
Martin

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.

[...]

Re: Using PHP4 with Tomcat5.5

Posted by Steve Ochani <oc...@ncc.edu>.
On 16 Jun 2008 at 14:37, Jonathan Mast wrote:

Date sent:	Mon, 16 Jun 2008 14:37:55 -0400
From:	Jonathan Mast <jh...@gmail.com>
Subject:	Re: Using PHP4 with Tomcat5.5
To:	Tomcat Users List <us...@tomcat.apache.org>,
Steve.Ochani@ncc.edu
Send reply to:	Tomcat Users List <us...@tomcat.apache.org>

> Thanks, but I've tried them both and no luck.  The Tomcat wiki tells
> me how
> to compile php for tomcat, which i have no intention of doing.  The
> second
> one tells me i must unjar the phpservlet.jar file and fiddle with
> some
> properties.  But I know I don't have to do this.  My work computer
> has been
> set up to use PHP and Tomcat and it works fine.

If it works fine then what is the problem?

> But I (and everyone
> else at
> work) can't find whatever magic was performed to get it to
> function.

Get what to function? PHP? Just make a php file in a webapp dir. For example

TOMCAT_DIR/webapps/webappname/test.php

If you mean you are trying to recreate the already existing setup that you have then you will
have to ask the person who did the setups. Noone on this list will be able to tell you how that
person did the setup with 100% certainity.

> BTW: does Tomcat have an equivalent to phpinfo(); ?  I would like

No.

> some way
> to exam the internals of Tomcat.

Not sure what you mean by that. Tomcat is written in Java and is primarily a Java servlet
container.

If you run a php app in tomcat with phpinfo() you will get details about the php install not
Tomcat

> How difficult is it to set up apache on windows?

By apache I'm guessing you mean apache webserver whic is very easy to install, IMO.

> It doesn't come as
> binary as i recall, and i'm loath to go about compiling C/C++ on a
> windoze
> contraption :-[

It comes as a binary install.

BTW please configure your e-mail client to follow reply-to headers.

-Steve O.

Re: Using PHP4 with Tomcat5.5

Posted by Jonathan Mast <jh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, but I've tried them both and no luck.  The Tomcat wiki tells me how
to compile php for tomcat, which i have no intention of doing.  The second
one tells me i must unjar the phpservlet.jar file and fiddle with some
properties.  But I know I don't have to do this.  My work computer has been
set up to use PHP and Tomcat and it works fine.  But I (and everyone else at
work) can't find whatever magic was performed to get it to function.

BTW: does Tomcat have an equivalent to phpinfo(); ?  I would like some way
to exam the internals of Tomcat.

How difficult is it to set up apache on windows?  It doesn't come as a

Re: Using PHP4 with Tomcat5.5

Posted by Steve Ochani <oc...@ncc.edu>.
Date sent:	Sun, 15 Jun 2008 23:12:42 -0100
From:	Jonathan Mast <jh...@gmail.com>