Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Itai <it...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/16 08:34:41 UTC

Re: Performance issue with PDFBox 2.0.8

If the files in question include very large JPEG or JBIG images, and if you
are rendering at a relatively low DPI, allowing subsampling may help (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-4137), but you will have to
upgrade to 2.0.9.
In my use-case it increased speed by an order of magnitude, but it was an
extreme case (files consisting of one huge 50,000x5,000 JPEGs and nothing
else).