Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Fred Moyer <fr...@taperfriendlymusic.org> on 2007/11/16 17:33:10 UTC

[RELEASE CANDIDATE] Apache-Test-1.30 RC1

Greetings,

A release candidate for Apache::Test is now available:

http://people.apache.org/~phred/Apache-Test-1.30-RC1.tar.gz

Please take a moment to download, build, and report test failures or
success back to the list.  Thanks!

Summary of changes in this version:

Added t_write_test_lib for temporary testing packages
[Fred Moyer <fr...@redhotpenguin.com>]

Fix syntax error in generated PHP files t/conf/*.php.in
[Philippe M. Chiasson]

Add bwshare.so to the list of modules to not inherit b/c
it rate limits requests to less then that of a test suite.
PR: 25548
[imacat <im...@mail.imacat.idv.tw>]

Add EXTRA_CFLAGS to c-module building if defined in the environment
[Geoffrey Young]

Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] Apache-Test-1.30 RC1

Posted by Andy Armstrong <an...@hexten.net>.
On 18 Nov 2007, at 00:34, Geoffrey Young wrote:
> I'm pretty sure that the only place we use straps is for the php
> interface.  but yeah, I know about the migration (and even mentioned
> our
> needs on perl-qa ;) and I plan on migrating "soonish"

Ah - that rings a bell :)

--
Andy Armstrong, Hexten

Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] Apache-Test-1.30 RC1

Posted by Andy Armstrong <an...@hexten.net>.

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.

Andy Armstrong wrote:
> On 16 Nov 2007, at 16:33, Fred Moyer wrote:
>> A release candidate for Apache::Test is now available:
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~phred/Apache-Test-1.30-RC1.tar.gz
>>
>> Please take a moment to download, build, and report test failures or
>> success back to the list.  Thanks!
>

> I see you're using Test::Harness::Straps. We've just recently deprecated
> straps in favour of the new interface provided by TAP::Harness:
>
> http://search.cpan.org/~andya/Test-Harness-3.03/lib/TAP/Harness.pm
>
> I'm not sure how heavy your dependence on Straps is - but you might find
> the new interface easier to work with.

I'm pretty sure that the only place we use straps is for the php
interface.  but yeah, I know about the migration (and even mentioned our
needs on perl-qa ;) and I plan on migrating "soonish"

--Geoff

Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] Apache-Test-1.30 RC1

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.

Posted by Andy Armstrong <an...@hexten.net>.
On 16 Nov 2007, at 16:33, Fred Moyer wrote:
> A release candidate for Apache::Test is now available:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~phred/Apache-Test-1.30-RC1.tar.gz
>
> Please take a moment to download, build, and report test failures or
> success back to the list.  Thanks!

I see you're using Test::Harness::Straps. We've just recently
deprecated straps in favour of the new interface provided by
TAP::Harness:

http://search.cpan.org/~andya/Test-Harness-3.03/lib/TAP/Harness.pm

I'm not sure how heavy your dependence on Straps is - but you might
find the new interface easier to work with.

Oh, and it works here. All test pass against httpd 2.2.6

$ uname -a
Darwin voodoo.local 9.1.0 Darwin Kernel Version 9.1.0: Wed Oct 31
17:46:22 PDT 2007; root:xnu-1228.0.2~1/RELEASE_I386 i386

$ /usr/local/apache2/bin/httpd -V
Server version: Apache/2.2.6 (Unix)
Server built:   Nov  8 2007 18:55:42
Server's Module Magic Number: 20051115:5
Server loaded:  APR 1.2.7, APR-Util 1.2.7
Compiled using: APR 1.2.9, APR-Util 1.2.8
Architecture:   32-bit
Server MPM:     Prefork
   threaded:     no
     forked:     yes (variable process count)
Server compiled with....
  -D APACHE_MPM_DIR="server/mpm/prefork"
  -D APR_HAS_MMAP
  -D APR_HAVE_IPV6 (IPv4-mapped addresses enabled)
  -D APR_USE_SYSVSEM_SERIALIZE
  -D APR_USE_PTHREAD_SERIALIZE
  -D SINGLE_LISTEN_UNSERIALIZED_ACCEPT
  -D APR_HAS_OTHER_CHILD
  -D AP_HAVE_RELIABLE_PIPED_LOGS
  -D DYNAMIC_MODULE_LIMIT=128
  -D HTTPD_ROOT="/usr/local/apache2"
  -D SUEXEC_BIN="/usr/local/apache2/bin/suexec"
  -D DEFAULT_PIDLOG="logs/httpd.pid"
  -D DEFAULT_SCOREBOARD="logs/apache_runtime_status"
  -D DEFAULT_LOCKFILE="logs/accept.lock"
  -D DEFAULT_ERRORLOG="logs/error_log"
  -D AP_TYPES_CONFIG_FILE="conf/mime.types"
  -D SERVER_CONFIG_FILE="conf/httpd.conf"

Thanks :)

--
Andy Armstrong, Hexten

Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] Apache-Test-1.30 RC1

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.
On Fri, 16 Nov 2007, Fred Moyer wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> A release candidate for Apache::Test is now available:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~phred/Apache-Test-1.30-RC1.tar.gz
>
> Please take a moment to download, build, and report test failures or success
> back to the list.  Thanks!

+1; all tests pass on
- linux, with Apache/2.0.55
- win32, with Apache/2.2.4

--
best regards,
Randy

Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] Apache-Test-1.30 RC1

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.
On Fri, 16 Nov 2007, Fred Moyer wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> A release candidate for Apache::Test is now available:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~phred/Apache-Test-1.30-RC1.tar.gz
>
> Please take a moment to download, build, and report test failures or success
> back to the list.  Thanks!

+1; all tests pass on
- linux, with Apache/2.0.55
- win32, with Apache/2.2.4

--
best regards,
Randy

RE: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] Apache-Test-1.30 RC1

Posted by Steve Hay <St...@planit.com>.
Fred Moyer wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> A release candidate for Apache::Test is now available:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~phred/Apache-Test-1.30-RC1.tar.gz
>
> Please take a moment to download, build, and report test failures or
> success back to the list.  Thanks!

All OK on Win32 with Apache 2.2.4, Perl 5.8.8 and mod_perl 2.0.3.

Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] Apache-Test-1.30 RC1

Posted by Andy Armstrong <an...@hexten.net>.

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.

Fred Moyer wrote:
> Geoffrey Young wrote:
>>
>> Fred Moyer wrote:
>>>>
>>> That makes 3 build successes (Randy, Andy, Isaac), and one official +1
>>> (Randy).  Any other takers?
>>
>> I'll eventually +1 it, but I won't get to it until after thanksgiving.
>> with you, that makes 3 from the pmc, so you'll be good to release then.

+1

> Awesome, I'll do my homework for gpg key et al up to date and ping you
> after thanksgiving so we can hook up on irc and ship this.

  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/perl/modperl/docs/trunk/src/dist/KEYS

  http://people.apache.org/~geoff/gpghowto.html

but actually it doesn't look like we release this anyplace other than
cpan.  and cpan does its own key management, so you don't need to worry
about gpg for this.

so, release away.   check the RELEASE document to see what steps you
need to do as part of the official release (version bump, release email,
etc).  ping me if you need help.

--Geoff

Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] Apache-Test-1.30 RC1

Posted by Fred Moyer <fr...@taperfriendlymusic.org>.

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.

Posted by Fred Moyer <fr...@taperfriendlymusic.org>.

Posted by Issac Goldstand <ma...@beamartyr.net>.