Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Daniel Noll <da...@nuix.com.au> on 2006/05/19 03:18:55 UTC

Creating a Blob

Hi all.

I have some large binary content of unknown length which I want to
insert into our Derby database.  Our existing system does this by
writing the content to a temporary location, determining its size and
then using PreparedStatement's setInputStream method to pass it in.

However, it occurs to me that the Blob API gives me a way to access an
OutputStream which can be written to in order to push the large binary
data over to Derby.  Problem is, Blob is an interface with no [useful]
public implementations, and JDBC expects that each driver will offer a
different way to do this (if at all.)

Does Derby have a "secret" way to create a Blob object?

Daniel

--
Daniel Noll

Nuix Pty Ltd