Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Rob Kendrick <rj...@rjek.com> on 2008/01/10 17:51:51 UTC

Partially anonymoysly world-readable svnserve repositories

Hi,

I'm having trouble setting up a respository that is partially
world-readable by anonymous users with svnserve.

I have the following in my conf/authz:

> [/]
> rjek = rw
> * = r
>
> [/rjek/personal]
> rjek = rw
> * =
>
> [/jshaw]
> jshaw = rw
> * = r

And the following in my conf/svnserve.conf:

> [general]
> anon-access = read
> auth-access = write
> password-db = passwd
> authz-db = authz

Checking out something in /rjek that isn't in personal, or checking out
anything from /jshaw anonymously works a treat.  However, if one tries
to do something that requires authentication, such as checking something
out from /rjek/personal, the svn client asks for a password, and then
gives the error:

> svn: Not authorized to open root of edit operation

Having Googled around a little, I've found places that seem to suggest
this was a known issue that is fixed in 1.4.6.  I'm running 1.4.6: what
am I doing wrong?  Is there still a bug that makes this kind of
arrangement impossible?

B.

Re: Partially anonymoysly world-readable svnserve repositories

Posted by Rob Kendrick <rj...@rjek.com>.
On Thu, 2008-01-10 at 17:51 +0000, Rob Kendrick wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having trouble setting up a respository that is partially
> world-readable by anonymous users with svnserve.

This is no longer a problem, as I have now migrated away from
Subversion.

B.