Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Matthew L. Avizinis" <ml...@gleim.com> on 2002/04/12 03:39:00 UTC

SVG rendering in release 0.20.3

Hello all,

This used to work in version 0.20.2 and 0.20.3rc

<fo:instream-foreign-object>
      <svg viewBox="0 0 {number(@width+1)*2.8346}
{number(@height+1)*2.8346}" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"
width="{concat(@width,'mm')}" height="{concat(@height,'mm')}"
xml:space="preserve">
         <g style="fill:white; stroke:{$stroke}; stroke-width:{$border}">
               <rect x="0" y="0" width="{concat(@width,'mm')}"
height="{concat(@height,'mm')}"/>
         </g>
         <image preserveAspectRatio="xMidYMid" xlink:href="file:{@src}"
x="0" y="0" width="{concat(@width,'mm')}" height="{concat(@height,'mm')}"/>
      </svg>
</fo:instream-foreign-object>

It doesn't now in the last 0.20.3.  What happens is the box with the border
is drawn but the image is replaced by a broken svg picture.  There are no
error messages.  Is there some change between versions that I have to change
the above code or is there a change in classpaths or something else.  I
don't see anything mentioned in the CHANGES file.

thanks in advance,
   Matthew L. Avizinis <ma...@gleim.com>
Gleim Publications, Inc.
   4201 NW 95th Blvd.
 Gainesville, FL 32606
(352)-375-0772 ext. 101
      www.gleim.com <http://www.gleim.com>

Re: Sending generated PDF directly to printer

Posted by Keiron Liddle <ke...@aftexsw.com>.
yes, on this page:
http://xml.apache.org/fop/output.html

Posted by RAYMOND Romain <ro...@c-s.fr>.
Hello,

RE: SVG rendering in release 0.20.3

Posted by "Matthew L. Avizinis" <ml...@gleim.com>.
Then why would the image display correctly in the Batik viewer 1_1_1?  And
why would it render correctly when I use the previous version of the
batik.jar instead of the current one?  This is what is mysterious to me.....
Still wondering and trying,
matthew l. avizinis

Posted by Keiron Liddle <ke...@aftexsw.com>.

Posted by RAYMOND Romain <ro...@c-s.fr>.
hello,
same problem for me, it is okay with a .gif file but svg dos not render
or gives up a strange picture wich seems to indicate something like "
file not found ".

Posted by "Matthew L. Avizinis" <ml...@gleim.com>.

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.

Posted by "Matthew L. Avizinis" <ml...@gleim.com>.
I believe either of these would be in scope:

<svg xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" viewBox="0 0
{number(@width+1)*

or

<image xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"  .
It still doesn't work with the new batik.jar.
Anything else to check?
thanks,
matthew l. avizinis

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.

Posted by "Matthew L. Avizinis" <ml...@gleim.com>.
Nope, but thanks for the suggestions.
Has to be something else.
I know nothing about the insides of Batik, but this is the cause of the
problem.  I put the batik.jar from 0.20.2 in place of the current one, and
there you go, it works again.

Posted by Keiron Liddle <ke...@aftexsw.com>.