Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/19 10:41:32 UTC

[[GShell] Dependency on sun.* packages

It seems that GShell is currently unable to run without the sun.* packages
in the classloader.
The reason is that it uses xstream advanced mode which make use of these
packages.
If these packages are not on the classpath, xstream will default to the pure
java reflection provider which will cause exceptions like the following:

Caused by: com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.ConversionException: Cannot
construct org.apache.geronimo.gshell.layout.model.CommandNode as it does not
have a no-args constructor
---- Debugging information ----
message             : Cannot construct
org.apache.geronimo.gshell.layout.model.CommandNode as it does not have a
no-args constructor
cause-exception     :
com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.ObjectAccessException
cause-message       : Cannot construct
org.apache.geronimo.gshell.layout.model.CommandNode as it does not have a
no-args constructor
class               : org.apache.geronimo.gshell.layout.model.Layout
required-type       : org.apache.geronimo.gshell.layout.model.CommandNode
path                : /layout/nodes/command
-------------------------------

I'm not sure if this is a good idea or if we should support that pure java
mode...

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: [[GShell] Dependency on sun.* packages

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
Can ya put this in JIRA please?

--jason

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
What JVM were you using BTW?

--jason

It seems that GShell is currently unable to run without the sun.* packages in the classloader.
The reason is that it uses xstream advanced mode which make use of these packages.
If these packages are not on the classpath, xstream will default to the pure java reflection provider which will cause exceptions like the following:

Caused by: com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.ConversionException: Cannot construct org.apache.geronimo.gshell.layout.model.CommandNode as it does not have a no-args constructor
---- Debugging information ----
message             : Cannot construct org.apache.geronimo.gshell.layout.model.CommandNode as it does not have a no-args constructor
cause-exception     : com.thoughtworks.xstream.converters.reflection.ObjectAccessException
cause-message       : Cannot construct org.apache.geronimo.gshell.layout.model.CommandNode as it does not have a no-args constructor

Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/ <http://gnodet.blogspot.com/>