Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Jan Dvorak <ja...@mathan.cz> on 2002/08/22 16:55:29 UTC

SAX event order: XML Schema errors

Hello all,

I'm experimenting with XML Schema validation and error reporting thru SAX.
I can see that some schema violations are reported before the startElement()
call for the element that caused them (typically errors in connection with
attributes), while some schema violations get reported after the endElement()
event (element model mismatch, typically). Some errors are reported pretty
much anywhere.

Is there a rule of thumb as to when I could expect which cvc-* message?

I'm building a custom DocumentBuilder that also records the errors that are
connected with a node.

Jan Dvorak
MathAn Praha