Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Dong Lin <li...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/12 06:15:47 UTC

[DISCUSS] Release Plan for 1.1.1

Hi all,

I would like to start the process for doing a 1.1.1 bug fix release. 1.1.0
was
released Mar 28, 2018, and about 2.5 months have passed and 25 bug fixes
have
accumulated so far.

A few of the more important fixes that have been merged in 1.1 branch so
far:

KAFKA-6925 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-6925> - Fix memory
leak in StreamsMetricsThreadImpl
KAFKA-6937 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-6937> - In-sync
replica delayed during fetch if replica throttle is exceeded
KAFKA-6917 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-6917> - Process txn
completion asynchronously to avoid deadlock
KAFKA-6893 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-6893> - Create
processors before starting acceptor to avoid ArithmeticException
KAFKA-6870 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-6870> -
Fix ConcurrentModificationException in SampledStat
KAFKA-6878 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-6878> - Fix
NullPointerException when querying global state store
KAFKA-6879 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-6879> - Invoke
session init callbacks outside lock to avoid Controller deadlock
KAFKA-6857 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-6857> - Prevent
follower from truncating to the wrong offset if undefined leader epoch is
requested
KAFKA-6854 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-6854> - Log cleaner
fails with transaction markers that are deleted during clean
KAFKA-6747 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-6747> - Check
whether there is in-flight transaction before aborting transaction
KAFKA-6748 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-6748> - Double
check before scheduling a new task after the punctuate call
KAFKA-6739 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-6739> -
Fix IllegalArgumentException when down-converting from V2 to V0/V1
KAFKA-6728 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-6728> -
Fix NullPointerException when instantiating the HeaderConverter

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Release+Plan+1.1.1 has
been created to track the release progress for 1.1.1. There is currently
only one blocking issue for 1.1.1. It would be great if everyone could help
identify the issues that are blocking for 1.1.1 and mark the JIRA ticket as
blocking issue.

After Jun 18, once all blocking issues have been addressed, we will prepare
RC0 for 1.1.1 release and initiate the voting thread. We probably want to
start the voting thread by Jun 22.

Cheers,
Dong