Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Andrew Williams <an...@handyande.co.uk> on 2007/08/13 17:51:56 UTC

Re: embedded jetty in maven test phase classpath problem.

On 1 Aug 2006, at 17:14, Meghan Pike wrote:

[snip]

> Does anybody know if this is the case and how I can fix it?
>
> I though maybe I could compile the jsp's to _jsp.java files in the
> pre-test
> phase, but I wasn't sure about how to go about this.

You could try using the maven-jspc-plugin (http://mojo.codehaus.org/
jspc-maven-plugin/usage.html) to precompile the .jsps to get around
this issue.

> Also has anybody got jetty working with maven 2? And has any body
> got the
> jetty maven plugin working in the pre-test phase to test their web
> applications with? I would really like to know, cos that would
> provide a
> different solution to my problem.
>
> thanks
>
> meghan

Hope that helps,
Andy

Re: embedded jetty in maven test phase classpath problem.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
I don't use JSP declared methods with <%!.

Keep in mind, the jspc-maven-plugin is simply a wrapper calling out to
Tomcat's Jasper compiler. So if what you're doing is not supported in
Jasper, then Maven can't do much for you. But if it is supported, and
you're having a problem, then you might need to talk to the Jasper
guys to see if they have some ideas.

Wayne

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.