Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by "Foreman, Alex (IT)" <Al...@morganstanley.com> on 2007/10/08 12:59:38 UTC

JNI and Endorsed directorys

Hi,

Are there any examples of IVY using JNI or Endorsed Directorys?
Im sure I read Ivy supported JNI but I cannot find anything now.

Does Ivy support these things out of the box?

Thanks,
Alex

Re: JNI and Endorsed directorys

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
Foreman, Alex (IT) wrote:
> Yes,
>
> Bringing .so files onto the classpath etc.  Rarther than just .jar
> files.
>
> Thanks,
> Alex

1. Ivy lets you publish/retrieve things other than JAR files. You could
be clever and publish windows, linux 32 bit and linux 64 bit libs up
there; the hard part is probably just retrieving the versions for your
platform. I'd probably have different configs

lib-win-xp-32, lib-linux-32, lib-linux-64, etc.

Then make the decision of which one to use made in Ant based on os values.

2. you need to set up <java> with the right settings

  fork="true"
  <env key="PATH" path="${ivy.lib.dir}:${env.PATH}" />

  <sysproperty key="java.endorsed.dirs" path="${endorsedDirs}" />

The hard part is getting the path set up right so that a DLL can load
other DLLs in the same directory; Java requires all chained libraries to
be in the PATH env variable.

RE: JNI and Endorsed directorys

Author: Ant in Action           http://antbook.org/

Re: JNI and Endorsed directorys