Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ulrich Mayring <ul...@denic.de> on 2001/02/02 15:46:34 UTC

How to get a blob with esql?

Hi all,

the subject says it all, more or less. When I use get-string esql
terminates at that point, i.e. it closes the result set, even if there
is more data. This used to work with the SQL processor and the SQL
taglib, I didn't need to do anything special to retrieve a blob there
(except wrapping it in a <pre> block to output it in HTML).

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Systementwicklung

Re: How to get a blob with esql?

Posted by Uli Mayring <ul...@denic.de>.
On Fri, 2 Feb 2001, Donald Ball wrote:

> On Fri, 2 Feb 2001, Ulrich Mayring wrote:
>
> > the subject says it all, more or less. When I use get-string esql
> > terminates at that point, i.e. it closes the result set, even if there
> > is more data. This used to work with the SQL processor and the SQL
> > taglib, I didn't need to do anything special to retrieve a blob there
> > (except wrapping it in a <pre> block to output it in HTML).
>
> well, i never wrote an esql:get-bytes method, since it seems kinda silly
> in this context, but if you see a need for one, i can add it.

Why does it seem silly? Is there any other way I can get at the blob data?
Why did it work before with the SQL processor and taglib?

thanks for any info,

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring
DENIC eG, Softwareentwicklung

Re: How to get a blob with esql?

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Fri, 2 Feb 2001, Ulrich Mayring wrote:

> the subject says it all, more or less. When I use get-string esql
> terminates at that point, i.e. it closes the result set, even if there
> is more data. This used to work with the SQL processor and the SQL
> taglib, I didn't need to do anything special to retrieve a blob there
> (except wrapping it in a <pre> block to output it in HTML).

well, i never wrote an esql:get-bytes method, since it seems kinda silly
in this context, but if you see a need for one, i can add it.

- donald