Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by David Morávek <dm...@apache.org> on 2018/12/20 11:27:02 UTC

Re: Spark-optimized Shuffle (SOS) any update?

This is an awesome news! Is there anything we can do to help? We are
currently facing huge performance penalties due this issue.

Thanks,
David

Posted by David Morávek <dm...@apache.org>.
I've just quickly went trough the design doc and it seems that it has
nothing to do with the paper Marek has mentioned. The paper is trying to
solving the problem of io ops required for shuffle are growing
quadratically with number of tasks (shuffle files), therefore we need to
keep number of tasks low.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
D.