Posted to dev@guacamole.apache.org by Nick Couchman <ni...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2017/06/12 20:29:09 UTC

[DISCUSS] Cleaning up Old PRs

So, was looking through pull requests for each of the components, and there are some that haven't been touched in a while.  Some appear to be waiting on project members to review, and some waiting on the contributors to respond.  I'm wondering if it's worth dedicating some effort to going back and cleaning those up - either accepting the changes (with some conflict resolution), or closing them if they are outdated and haven't been updated. I would guess the associated JIRA issues would fall into this category, too.
Anyone else interested in cleaning these up, and any preferred process to go about it - discuss here, discuss on the PRs or JIRA, etc.?
-Nick

Re: [DISCUSS] Cleaning up Old PRs

Posted by Nick Couchman <ni...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
On Tuesday, June 13, 2017 2:50 AM, Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org> wrote:

> I'd be glad to follow up on the SSH keepalive PRs - they're invitingly
> small, though I probably won't be able to find time for that until
> later this week.
Cool.

> For the other PRs which are still open but awaiting contributor
> response, we should ping the contributor and try to resuscitate the
> review process.
I've pinged on all of the pending ones.

> There are some PRs which are still open purely because there is no way
> to close them, though. Since only the asfgit bot has actual write
> access to the mirrors, PRs only get closed when they're merged or when
> the original contributor closes them. It'd be nice if there were a way
> around that, but I'm not sure there is one.

Ah, I see.  Do you know if INFRA has any way to close these manually?  I think there was only one that fell into this category (keyboard map for RDP), so not a huge deal, just be nice to have it cleaned up.

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.
On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 1:29 PM, Nick Couchman
<ni...@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
> So, was looking through pull requests for each of the components, and there are some that haven't been touched in a while.  Some appear to be waiting on project members to review, and some waiting on the contributors to respond.  I'm wondering if it's worth dedicating some effort to going back and cleaning those up - either accepting the changes (with some conflict resolution), or closing them if they are outdated and haven't been updated. I would guess the associated JIRA issues would fall into this category, too.
> Anyone else interested in cleaning these up, and any preferred process to go about it - discuss here, discuss on the PRs or JIRA, etc.?

I'd be glad to follow up on the SSH keepalive PRs - they're invitingly
small, though I probably won't be able to find time for that until
later this week.

For the other PRs which are still open but awaiting contributor
response, we should ping the contributor and try to resuscitate the
review process.

There are some PRs which are still open purely because there is no way
to close them, though. Since only the asfgit bot has actual write
access to the mirrors, PRs only get closed when they're merged or when
the original contributor closes them. It'd be nice if there were a way
around that, but I'm not sure there is one.

- Mike