Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Kevin Jones <ke...@develop.com> on 2000/03/17 16:54:45 UTC

EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Running the latest Tomcat build (17th March), and trying to use Cocoon - I
get this

#
# HotSpot Virtual Machine Error, EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
#
# Error ID: 4F533F57494E13120E43505002BE
#

abnormal program termination

Runing on Windows2K with JDK 1.3 RC1

I have a context called xsl, xsl/web-inf/lib contains the cocoon jars
(cocoon.jar, bsf.jar, bsfengines.jar, js.jar), I have a file called
weather.xml and a stylesheet weather.xsl. Browsing to weather.xml causes the
error. (In fact browsing to any xml file causes the error).

I'm downloading the soure now and will rebuild - I'm pretty sure that I
compiled locally yesterday and didn't get this problem, however if I get the
same problem after re-building I'll e-mail it here,

Kevin Jones
DevelopMentor
www.develop.com

Re: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Posted by Darryl Stoflet <ds...@calweb.com>.
I get this same error as well (a doc watson on NT), but it is
intermittent and only with cocoon.jar in the web-inf/lib directory.
What is weird is extracting the jar into web-inf/classes fixes
the problem.

/Darryl

Kevin Jones wrote:

> Running the latest Tomcat build (17th March), and trying to use Cocoon - I
> get this
>
> #
> # HotSpot Virtual Machine Error, EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
> #
> # Error ID: 4F533F57494E13120E43505002BE
> #
>
> abnormal program termination
>
> Runing on Windows2K with JDK 1.3 RC1
>
> I have a context called xsl, xsl/web-inf/lib contains the cocoon jars
> (cocoon.jar, bsf.jar, bsfengines.jar, js.jar), I have a file called
> weather.xml and a stylesheet weather.xsl. Browsing to weather.xml causes the
> error. (In fact browsing to any xml file causes the error).
>
> I'm downloading the soure now and will rebuild - I'm pretty sure that I
> compiled locally yesterday and didn't get this problem, however if I get the
> same problem after re-building I'll e-mail it here,
>
> Kevin Jones
> DevelopMentor
> www.develop.com

Darryl Stoflet