Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Rick Reumann <r...@reumann.net> on 2003/03/19 16:44:11 UTC

Re: Repost - Messages with Scaffold Helper Class

On Wed, 19 Mar 2003 07:54:09 -0700
"Tony Tahbaz" <tt...@attbi.com> wrote:

> Sorry to repost this but I haven't been able to figure this one out
> yet...
>
> I'm having trouble getting messages to show up in my .jsp file using a
> scaffold approach.  In my helper bean I'm setting a couple of messages
> like:
>
> ProcessResult result = new ProcessResultBase();
> result.addMessage("my.message1");
> result.addMessage("my.message2");
>
> In my resource file I have:
>
> my.message1=foo
> my.message2=bar
>
> and in my .jsp I have:
>
> <logic:messagesPresent message="true">
> 	<UL>
> 		<LI><bean:write name="message"/></LI>
> 	</UL>
> </logic:messagesPresent>

I'm stumped. sorry. Looks like it should work perfectly. Maybe try
making sure there is a new line character after my.message2=bar (or not
a new line character after my.message2=bar forget which it should be) if
it's the last item declared in the resource file? You sure it's
accessing that specific resource file?(try switching them around ?
putting message2 before message1?). Sorry, wish I could be more help.

--
Rick Reumann