Posted to user@curator.apache.org by "Bae, Jae Hyeon" <me...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/26 19:56:04 UTC

Question on Curator behavior with connection string

FYI, one user in my company is using Netflix Curator 1.3.4. This behavior
might be changed in Apache Curator.

The client was set up the connection string with five instances but two
instances were not reachable. My theory is, it shouldn't get ConnectionLoss
after Curator had been initialized but it was throwing ConnectionLoss
exceptions almost once per minute. Its connection timeout is 30 seconds.

Is this normal behavior? Or is this known issue fixed in Apache Curator?

Thank you
Best, Jae

Re: Question on Curator behavior with connection string

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com>.
You will get a connection loss whenever the instance that the client is connected to goes down. You’ll get Reconnected if it can successfully reconnect to another instance.

-JZ