Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "Lionel A." <li...@openplug.com> on 2012/02/10 16:20:39 UTC

CamelContext or Route limitations ?

Hi all,

I'm very new to Camel, and I have spent a whole day searching over the net
to answer my question :
Does Camel have any limitations in terms of amount of camelContext or routes
it can handle ?
I did'nt find any information about that, except OS limitations for open
files.
We are working on an engine that uses Camel and Servicemix.

Many thanks, and sorry if my question if someway obvious or stupid :/

Re: CamelContext or Route limitations ?

Posted by "Lionel A." <li...@openplug.com>.
Hey,
Thanks for your quick responses.
That's what I was thinking but I needed some experts validation

Re: CamelContext or Route limitations ?

Posted by Matt Pavlovich <ma...@gmail.com>.
There isn't anything built into the framework that dictates you can only
have 16 or 32 context, or event 32,000.  Its going to be limited based
on the amount of system resources-- RAM, Java Heap, etc--, the
complexity of the routes you deploy and any dependencies pulled in by
the routes you deploy.

Hope this helps,
Matt Pavlovich

Posted by Ashwin Karpe <ak...@fusesource.com>.
Hi,

There are no explicit limits to the number of camel contexts or routes per
camel context.

The primary upper limits are the limits of the JVM under which the camel
contexts/routes run. There are tuning possibilities at a camel context
and/or per route level. They are however still bound by the ceilings/limits
set on the JVM in which they are run.

As for individual components, such as Netty, JMS etc, you do need to worry
about OS limits such as open file descriptors, socket timeouts etc.

Cheers,

Ashwin...

-----
Ashwin Karpe
Apache Camel Committer & Sr Principal Consultant
FUSESource (a Progress Software Corporation subsidiary)
http://fusesource.com

Blog: http://opensourceknowledge.blogspot.com

Re: CamelContext or Route limitations ?

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
As the CamelContext and Routes may consume some resources,
 it makes sense that there are certain amount size of them that one box
can run.
But I don't think CamelContext has the limitation of the route size.
And each CamelContexts has nothing to do with each other.

On Fri Feb 10 23:20:39 2012, Lionel A. wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm very new to Camel, and I have spent a whole day searching over the net
> to answer my question :
> Does Camel have any limitations in terms of amount of camelContext or routes
> it can handle ?
> I did'nt find any information about that, except OS limitations for open
> files.
> We are working on an engine that uses Camel and Servicemix.
>
> Many thanks, and sorry if my question if someway obvious or stupid :/

Willem
FuseSource
Web: http://www.fusesource.com
         http://jnn.javaeye.com (Chinese)