Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Larry Isaacs <La...@sas.com> on 2001/09/10 17:07:55 UTC

RE: NT Service Manager

Hi David,

I'll be glad to consider it.  My criteria for including a usability
enhancement, prior to Release Candidate 2 is:

1. Offers a real benefit.
2. It's impact is *easy* to evaluate.
3. It won't impact the stability of Tomcat 3.3.
4. It is, or can be, sufficiently documented.
5. It won't generate more tomcat-user traffic than it's worth!
6. There is time to commit it.

The last one may push some desirable features into a later
Tomcat 3.3 release, which I expect will happen.  Tomcat 3.3
can't release unless there are enough committers to continue
support.  I'm still willing to consider simple usability
enhancements, time permitting :-), and not rule them out absolutely
at this point.

Cheers,
Larry