Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by ha...@t-online.de on 2006/10/05 21:05:46 UTC

Re: OT - verify addresses

Hi,

I was not really aware of probes before I noticed a few sites that probe the sender before
accepting mail.
This led me to the idea of verifying myself, in a different context: people place orders on a webbsite,
and leave an emailaddress for order confirmation and shipping details
I had implemented a domain check since a long time (some people just write @hotmail
and hope that an operator completes it for them) but still get about half a dozen
failed addresses - often the spelling error is obvious.

As for lots of probes: I have implemented non-linear tarpitting which seems to do a good job

Wolfgang Hamann