Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by LinGong <go...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/21 04:27:03 UTC

RESTful webservice for JSON format

Is there any possibility to turn the transport format from XML to JSON in
Geronimo2.2's RESTful webservice ?

I send the JSON string from server to client it will always report class
cast exception occured(XML string will be ok).

And the annotation style of JAX-RS in JAVA EE6 is charming. Is anyone able
to use the JAX-RS in Geronimo 2.2?

Thank you all.

Re: RESTful webservice for JSON format

Posted by LinGong <go...@gmail.com>.
Thanks REX.

I know that Geronimo is JAVA EE6 appserver. Is there a way to replace the ws
module with the latest JAX-RS?

And what about using JSON in restful webservice? Is it possilbe?

Re: RESTful webservice for JSON format

Posted by Rex Wang <rw...@gmail.com>.
G2.2 is a Java EE 5 compatible App server, and not implement JAX-RS.

-Rex

2010/6/21 LinGong <go...@gmail.com>

> Is there any possibility to turn the transport format from XML to JSON in
> Geronimo2.2's RESTful webservice ?
>
> I send the JSON string from server to client it will always report class
> cast exception occured(XML string will be ok).
>
> And the annotation style of JAX-RS in JAVA EE6 is charming. Is anyone able
> to use the JAX-RS in Geronimo 2.2?
>
> Thank you all.

Lei Wang (Rex)
rwonly AT apache.org