Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by george123 <da...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/18 04:45:55 UTC

nutch stops when my ssh connection drops out

Hi,
Not sure if this is normal but my developer says it is. Im very new to
nutch.

I use putty to ssh into my overseas server from home.
If my internet connection drops out, and im running a crawl, nutch stops, I
have to login all over again and start the crawl again.

Is this normal behaviour? I would have thought that it would survive an
internet drop out, and of course, considering its running direct from a web
server, it should just run in the background regardless.

Any ideas?

Re: nutch stops when my ssh connection drops out

Posted by Stefan Scheffler <ss...@avantgarde-labs.de>.
Am 18.08.2012 05:29, schrieb Aldrin Leal:
> Looks he's running in local mode. Either way, I suggest you look at gnu
> screen as a short solution
>
> --
> -- Aldrin Leal, <al...@leal.eng.br> / http://meadiciona.com/aldrinleal
>

> On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 11:45 PM, george123 <da...@gmail.com>wrote:

try:

nohup <nutchbla> &

this runs nutch in background. the console-information is logged into
nohup.out
you can follow it with:

tail -f nohup.out

regards