Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Sc...@lotus.com on 2001/03/11 03:40:37 UTC

Re: Potential Xerces regression (was: xml-stylebook with xml-xalan2)

Don and I will work on this on Monday, to see if we can find out what's
going on.

-scott

                    "Ted Leung"
                    <twleung@saur        To:     <xe...@xml.apache.org>
                    ia.com>              cc:     <ge...@xml.apache.org>, (bcc: Scott Boag/CAM/Lotus)
                                         Subject:     Re: Potential Xerces regression (was: xml-stylebook with
                    03/09/2001           xml-xalan2)
                    08:24 PM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    general

I was able to reproduce the problem with these instructions.

It appears that there's a problem with the application of the
book2project.xsl
stylesheet.  I unpacked the apachexml-style.jar and ran the stylesheets by
hand
and everything looks okay to me.  It seems like the problem is down in the
DOM
somewhere, but I'm not up to date on the internals of Xalan2 to know
whether
it's
using the DOM or not.  book2project takes to docs-book.xml file and turns
it
into a project document.  In the failure case, the root element of the
stylesheet
output claims to be called 'root' (according to Element#getTagName).

It would help if there was a minimal document that produced the problem
(hint, hint).
As it is, we're going to have to dig down through Xalan to figure out where
the parser
is losing.  Help from a Xalanite would be appreciated.

I don't have anymore time to look at it today, but I thought I'd report my
findings
in case someone else has time to take a look.

Ted