Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by sp...@spamsucks.com on 2006/10/02 14:06:04 UTC

@EventListener with async=false

>From reading the documentation I get the impression that listener annotated
by @EventListener will be called regardless of wether async parameter is
true or false. In my case I see that it's not called when async=false.

Environment :
Tapestry 4.1.1 SNAPSHOT ( today's bleeding edge download )
Tomcat 5.5.17
FireFox 1.5

I have @PropertySelection defined in my html :

model="ognl:orgRegister.LModel"
value="ognl:orgRegister.orgDetails.LanguageId"/>

Corresponding java file inclutes listener :

	@EventListener(events="onchange", targets="languagelist",
submitForm="form1", async=false )
	public void onLanguageListChanged() throws Exception{
       		System.out.println( "listener called." ) ;
	}

When I change selection in the listbox I can see that PageBeginRender has
been called, but my listener has not.

Now let's modify async parameter :

	@EventListener(events="onchange", targets="languagelist",
submitForm="form1", async=true )
	public void onLanguageListChanged() throws Exception{
       		System.out.println( "listener called." ) ;
	}

Now I see that both pageBeginRender and my listener has been called.

Is it the intended behavior or a bug ?

Re: @EventListener with async=false

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
Hmmm... I will look into it. That should be working.

On 10/2/06, spamsucks@spamsucks.com <sp...@spamsucks.com> wrote:

> From reading the documentation I get the impression that listener
> annotated
> by @EventListener will be called regardless of wether async parameter is
> true or false. In my case I see that it's not called when async=false.
>
> Environment :
> Tapestry 4.1.1 SNAPSHOT ( today's bleeding edge download )
> Tomcat 5.5.17
> FireFox 1.5
>

> I have @PropertySelection defined in my html :

> model="ognl:orgRegister.LModel"
> value="ognl:orgRegister.orgDetails.LanguageId"/>
>
> Corresponding java file inclutes listener :
>
>         @EventListener(events="onchange", targets="languagelist",
> submitForm="form1", async=false )
>         public void onLanguageListChanged() throws Exception{
>                 System.out.println( "listener called." ) ;
>         }
>
> When I change selection in the listbox I can see that PageBeginRender has
> been called, but my listener has not.
>
> Now let's modify async parameter :
>
>         @EventListener(events="onchange", targets="languagelist",
> submitForm="form1", async=true )
>         public void onLanguageListChanged() throws Exception{
>                 System.out.println( "listener called." ) ;
>         }
>
> Now I see that both pageBeginRender and my listener has been called.
>
> Is it the intended behavior or a bug ?

Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo/(and a dash of TestNG), team member/developer