Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Si Chen <si...@opensourcestrategies.com> on 2006/10/13 01:54:45 UTC

why is resetGrandTotal a SECA on createOrderAdjustment?

Hi.

Why is resetGrandTotal a SECA on createOrderAdjustment?  Would
anybody have a problem if I just made it a service call inside
createOrderAdjustment?

Best Regards,

Si
sichen@opensourcestrategies.com

Re: why is resetGrandTotal a SECA on createOrderAdjustment?

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.
Si,

Yes, that is what the EECA alternative would look like. There are
various other SECAs that trigger the resetGrandTotal service, and
that is why I mentioned potentially having a series of EECA rules
that would replace them.

Putting it inside the service implementation is okay too, and in a
way may be more efficient. The reason I say this is the current
storeOrder service does direct entity engine calls (mostly one call I
guess) rather than calling the services. Of course, they really
should be service calls to lower level services instead of direct
entity engine calls and fixing that would put the two approaches on
par in terms of performance.

I guess I'm saying unless someone else sees issues with this, the
EECA approach is probably easier to write and maintain (and keep
track of).

-David

Posted by Si Chen <si...@opensourcestrategies.com>.
David,