Posted to imperius-user@incubator.apache.org by Neeraj Joshi <jn...@us.ibm.com> on 2010/08/11 13:59:14 UTC

Re: Imperius - Executing polices - Exception

Hey Christian,
Did you first create the policy via the -c option ?

./cimsplcmdline.sh -c <policy path> <plicy name>

Thanks
Neeraj
"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my
reasons for them". -Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Neeraj Joshi (knee-rudge)
WebSphere XD - Compute Grid
AIM, IBM
Apache Imperius - http://incubator.apache.org/imperius

Re: AW: Imperius - Executing polices - Exception

Posted by Neeraj Joshi <jn...@us.ibm.com>.
Hey Christian,
It looks like PG_ComputerSystem.OperationalStatus is an uint16[] while
OpStatus is a simple int. Can you try comparing simple properties  like
PowerState perhaps?
Thanks
Neeraj
"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my
reasons for them". -Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Neeraj Joshi (knee-rudge)
WebSphere XD - Compute Grid
AIM, IBM
Apache Imperius - http://incubator.apache.org/imperius

From:
"Christian Rupert" <ch...@web.de>
To:
Neeraj Joshi/Durham/IBM@IBMUS
Date:
08/19/2010 07:46 AM
AW: Imperius - Executing polices - Exception
Sent by:
christian.rupert@web.de

Hi Neeray,

thanks, by first creating the policy via –c option it works now.
But I have another question: all my policies check the instance of a
testElement.
When I try to check my instance of e.g. the PG_ComputerSystem I get an
CIM_ERR_FAILED, because it looks like he can´t access properties of an
another class beside the testElement class.
Do I need a special provider to access properties of the instances?

This is my output:

root@rupchr-laptop:/opt/imperius/trunk/cimspl-samples/resources#
./cimsplcmdline.sh -c ./samples/policies/ ProcessPolicy
CIMSPL Client
Established Connection
create policy :ProcessPolicy path ./samples/policies/
createPolicy** : ./samples/policies/ ProcessPolicy
path=./samples/policies/ProcessPolicy.spl
Import Qualifier root/cimv2 Class testElement;
Import Qualifier root/cimv2 Class PG_ComputerSystem;
Strategy Execute_All_Applicable;  /* Execute all policies */
Policy
{
        Declaration
        {
                               OpStatus = 2;
        }
        Condition
        {
                               PG_ComputerSystem.OperationalStatus ==
OpStatus;
        }
        Decision
        {
                Set(testElement.s32 = 357)
        }
}:1;  /* Priority of the policy */
Error: CIM_ERR_FAILED

My Instance of PG_ComputerSystem looks like: