Posted to dev@reef.apache.org by Byung-Gon Chun <bg...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/12 02:54:44 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache REEF 0.10.0-incubating

Hi Justin,

Thank you for the feedback.
I will add the DISCLAIMER, update the year in the NOTICE file, and delete
the HEADER file. I will create a new RC and restart the vote.

I cced dev@reef.

Thanks.
-Gon

On Sun, Jan 11, 2015 at 1:57 PM, Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The release is missing DISCLAIMER file [1][2] While the web site does
> contain the incubating disclaimer and README mentions incubation it's
> missing the full text so that needs to be fixed for the next release and
> probably this one. What do other IPMC members think?
>
> Everything else looks good. Checked:
> - incubating in release name
> - signature and hash good
> - LICENSE and NOTICE good
> - no binary files in source (except 2 test files)
> - all source files have correct headers
> - can compile from source
>
> Other minor things:
> - no need for HEADER file
> - year in NOTICE is wrong (but oddly is correct in jars)
> - place the RC in incubator area not on peopel.apache.org [3]
>
> Thanks,
> Justin
>
> 1.http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#check-list
> 2.http://incubator.apache.org/guides/branding.html#disclaimers
> 3.
> http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html#glossary-podling-dist

Byung-Gon Chun

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache REEF 0.10.0-incubating

Posted by Byung-Gon Chun <bg...@gmail.com>.
Hi Justin,

I will wait.

Thanks!
-Gon

On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 11:46 AM, Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>
wrote:

> HI,
>
> > I will add the DISCLAIMER, update the year in the NOTICE file, and delete
> > the HEADER file. I will create a new RC and restart the vote.
>
> You may want to wait a little until other IPMC members reply, if other
> people are fine with it and you fix it for the next release I'm happy to
> vote +1.
>
> Thanks,
> Justin

Byung-Gon Chun

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache REEF 0.10.0-incubating

Posted by Byung-Gon Chun <bg...@gmail.com>.
Hi Justin,

wrote:

> HI,
>
> > I will add the DISCLAIMER, update the year in the NOTICE file, and delete
> > the HEADER file. I will create a new RC and restart the vote.
>
> You may want to wait a little until other IPMC members reply, if other
> people are fine with it and you fix it for the next release I'm happy to
> vote +1.
>
> Thanks,
> Justin

Byung-Gon Chun

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache REEF 0.10.0-incubating

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
HI,