Posted to dev@juneau.apache.org by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/01 22:51:34 UTC

New member guidelines

I'm reviewing the new member guidelines and have lots of edits. I'll start with the easy one.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/JUNEAU/New+member+guidelines

The Apache Juneau team does not differentiate between Committers and PMC members.

1. If committer is also to be a PMC member, nominator sends email to board@ asking for acknowledgement of new PMC member

If we do not distinguish between committers and PMC members, how does this sentence make sense?

Craig

Craig L Russell
clr@apache.org

Re: New member guidelines

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
From a non-committer POV on this project: I like the idea of reafirming
intentions.

Gary

Re: New member guidelines

Posted by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>.
I think that it is a good idea to hold a vote on this.

Before we do so, I'd like to make sure that all the PMC members are subscribed to the private list.

https://whimsy.apache.org/roster/committee/juneau

Craig

clr@apache.org <ma...@apache.org> http://db.apache.org/jdo <http://db.apache.org/jdo>

Re: New member guidelines