Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Leo <le...@tstt.net.tt> on 2004/01/20 00:41:09 UTC

FW: PDF generation error

Hi folks

I am getting the following error when I try to generate a pdf file with a
png image. (Comment out reference to image and pdf is generated fine).
e.g of image reference
  <figure src="images/png/DSystem.png" id="HLD" alt="DSystem"></figure>

Error:
org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException: No meaningful layout in block after
many attempts.  Infinite loop is assumed.  Processing halted.

I saw the post below and tried what was suggested both omiting the
width/height or giving in cm.  This did not work.

Help. I need to generate the pdf files with images.

Regards
Leo

Posted by Johan Kok <jk...@messianic.dyndns.org>.

J.Pietschmann wrote:

> Leo wrote:
>
>> Error:
>> org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException: No meaningful layout in block after
>> many attempts.  Infinite loop is assumed.  Processing halted.
>>

> The most likely reason is that the image is still too large
> with explicit width and height. Try to reduce the image
> resolution (use fewer pixels), or check the available space in
> the PDF rendered without the image and use this information.
> For PDF, you should never supply heigth/width in pixels to the
> figure element.

The above is one possibility. In another, I have a picture that display
on one page (inbetween a lot of other content), but on another page it
is giving the error mentioned above (with very little other content on
the page). This latter problem seems to occur only if a picture goes
over the bottom of the first page. At least I have not seen any other
correlating
factor thus far.

Johan Kok

Re: Live site reference update

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au>.
Johan Kok wrote:
> Triathlon Northern Gauteng's URL should be www.in-corp.com/tng, not the
> current tgn (could have been my mistake)

Sorry Johan. That was my carelessness. Fixed now.

--David

Live site reference update

Posted by Johan Kok <jk...@messianic.dyndns.org>.
Triathlon Northern Gauteng's URL should be www.in-corp.com/tng, not the
current tgn (could have been my mistake)

JK

Re: FW: PDF generation error

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Leo wrote:
> I am getting the following error when I try to generate a pdf file with a
> png image. (Comment out reference to image and pdf is generated fine).
> e.g of image reference
>   <figure src="images/png/DSystem.png" id="HLD" alt="DSystem"></figure>
>
> Error:
> org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException: No meaningful layout in block after
> many attempts.  Infinite loop is assumed.  Processing halted.
>
> I saw the post below and tried what was suggested both omiting the
> width/height or giving in cm.  This did not work.

The most likely reason is that the image is still too large
with explicit width and height. Try to reduce the image
resolution (use fewer pixels), or check the available space in
the PDF rendered without the image and use this information.
For PDF, you should never supply heigth/width in pixels to the
figure element.

J.Pietschmann