Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Philippe Marchand <pm...@speechworks.com> on 2003/05/08 16:54:15 UTC

What is the definition of response time?

Hi

I would like to know the definition of response time, the number returned by
the listeners. Is it the time from sending the first byte of the request to
the time the first byte of the requested page is received, or is it
something else?

Thanks

Re: What is the definition of response time?

Posted by Praveen Kumar Tarikere Nagaraj <tn...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Mike,

Can this be controlled programmatically? Can I program
such that I get the time recorded from the first byte
that I send and the first byte that I receive.

Thanks,
Praveen

Posted by ms...@apache.org.
It's the time from sending the first byte till receiving the last byte.

-Mike

On 8 May 2003 at 10:54, Philippe Marchand wrote:

> Hi
>
> I would like to know the definition of response time, the number returned by
> the listeners. Is it the time from sending the first byte of the request to
> the time the first byte of the requested page is received, or is it
> something else?
>
> Thanks

Michael Stover
mstover1@apache.org