Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Michael <sg...@gmx.net> on 2008/05/08 19:23:03 UTC

Deploying only some modules

Hi,

I do have a multimodule project:

pom -- (root)
	 | jar (module A)
	 | war (module B)

The war file is just a demo and in my opion not an artifact which should
be on central.

Is is sufficent for maven to say:

$cd moduleA
$mvn deploy

instead of
$cd root
$mvn deploy

Thanks
--
<NO> OOXML - Say NO To Microsoft Office broken standard
http://www.noooxml.org

Re: Deploying only some modules

Posted by Michael <sg...@gmx.net>.
Wendy Smoak wrote:
> On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 10:37 AM, Michael <sg...@gmx.net> wrote:
>> the jar has a <parent> element. Is it mandatory to deploy the root pom?
>
> If you declare a dependency on the jar, Maven will complain if it
> can't find the parent pom.

I do have the jar declared as a dependency on in war's pom.
Folks using my jar will declare it as thier dependency.

So I am not sure to deploy th parent pom but for the sake of
completeness, I'll deploy everything but the war file.

Thanks,

Mike

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 10:37 AM, Michael <sg...@gmx.net> wrote:
> the jar has a <parent> element. Is it mandatory to deploy the root pom?

If you declare a dependency on the jar, Maven will complain if it
can't find the parent pom.

> For some reason site.xml is deployed too.

That's expected, it's for inheritance when building the project
websites.  (Menus, etc.)

> Let's wait for 2.4 :-( Any release timeframe?

There are two remaining issues but IMO they can be pushed off to a
future release.  One is a new feature, the other is dependent on an
issue in Wagon that isn't fixed yet.  No promises on a date, but the
deploy and war plugins are on my list as needing releases.

--
Wendy

RE: Deploying only some modules

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
The other thing you can do is override the distributionManagement
section of the module B so that deploy just puts it somewhere local like
file://${basedir}/target instead of the remote repo

Posted by Michael <sg...@gmx.net>.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.