Posted to user@struts.apache.org by sh...@ubs.com on 2003/04/16 09:27:49 UTC

Tiles performance question

Hi all,
I have started porting an struts template based application to tiles recemtly and thanks to help from Cedric and others on this mailing list,i have been successful in that.

But while doing some test pages,I found that the pages usin g tiles are taking more time to render(Not the first time.I know first time jsp compilation takes time..) than the other template based pages.I have not done any measurements But this has created some questions .

As I understand, the tiles uses include mechanism so that the request is forwarded to each tile runtime and then the content is included.

So does it aafeect teh performance?I mean if i break a page into several reusabe tiles, the same page which was one single compiled jsp will noe be rendered by different tiles.So is there significant performance over head in this?

Any comments ,suggestions will be really helpful.

regards,
Shirish

Re: Tiles performance question

Posted by Cedric Dumoulin <ce...@lifl.fr>.
  Hi,

  Normally, there should not be significant overhead due to the usage of
tiles. The include mechanism is just a method call (jsp are translated
to methods).

  Cedric