Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Senaka Fernando <se...@wso2.com> on 2008/02/23 17:35:11 UTC

Re: Couple of questions regarding Parameters inside AXIS2.XML and Service.xml

Hi Mike,

See my comments inline.

> I could not figure this out from the documention. It would be great if
> somebody could answer questions concerning parameters (for services.xml
> and axis2.xml)
>

> I found this is the AXIS2C Documentation
>

> parameter
>

> The service element can have any number of parameters as sub elements.
>
> Attributes
>
> Description
>
> Possible Values
>
> Value of the Text in the Parameter Element
>
> name
>
> Specifies the name of the shared library that holds the service
> implementation
>
> serviceClass
>
> the service name. Example: echo
>
> locked
>
> Indicates whether the parameter can be changed from the code
>
> true / false
>

> My Questions:
>
> 1.	Can my Web Service add a parameter so that it ends up in
> services.xml. I have context information that needs to be persistent. Is
> this the intent of the parameter? What is the API?

It is not possible to access the services.xml file. However, you can
access the content made available inside the services.xml file which will
be loaded into the service's configuration. Refer,

1. axis2_svc_ctx.h
2. axis2_svc.h

That is the API.

> 2.	My other question concerns AXIS2.XML. Can I also add/modify
> parameters via my Web Service?  What is the API?

Same here. The axis2.xml will be loaded into the engine configuration. If
you can fill the right information into the right place, the engine will
be blind enough to believe that it has been there since the right
beginning. Your attention will have to be paid to,

1. axis2_conf_ctx.h
2. axis2_conf.h

In addition to that, to understand how the engine loads to itself the
configuration information, go through source found inside the
src/core/deployment sub directory. I know this sounds hard, but, it
wouldn't be a big deal to figure out what should be done.

If you want to write to axis2.xml and services.xml, you will basically
have to release any thread locks applied on them, and also, you will have
to use an xml writer. The engine only reads these at present and does not
write. For hot deployment, you will need only to read, but for hot
modifications, you will have to write. Feel free to introduce new API.
But, it is strongly advised not to change the existing API. I mean the
method signatures not the body here. Of course you can modify the body.

Please raise an issue on the Axis2/C JIRA so that other developers can get
involved too.

Regards,
Senaka

VTD-XML 2.3 released

Posted by jimmy Zhang <jz...@ximpleware.com>.
VTD-XML 2.3 is now released. To download the latest version please visit
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=110612&package_id=120172.

Below is a list of new features and enhancements in this version.

  a.. VTDException is now introduced as the root class for all other
VTD-XML's exception classes (per suggestion of Max Rahder).
  b.. Transcoding capability is now added for inter-document cut and paste.
You can cut a chuck of bytes in a UTF-8 encoded document and paste it into a
UTF-16 encoded document and the output document is still well-formed.
  c.. ISO-8859-10, ISO-8859-11, ISO-8859-12, ISO-8859-13, ISO-8859-14 and
ISO-8859-15 support has now been added
  d.. Zero length Text node is now possible.
  e.. Ability to dump in-memory copy of text is added.
  f.. Various code cleanup, enhancement and bug fixes.
Below are some new articles related to VTD-XML

  a.. Index XML documents with VTD-XML
http://xml.sys-con.com/read/453082.htm
  b.. Manipulate XML content the Ximple Way
http://www.devx.com/xml/Article/36379
  c.. VTD-XML: A new vision of XML
http://www.developer.com/xml/article.php/3714051
  d.. VTD-XML: XML Processing for the future
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/cs/vtd-xml_examples.aspx
If you (or someone you know) like the concept of VTD-XML, think that it can
help solve enterprises' XML processing related issues (particularly those
related to SOA), and would like to directly influence and contribute to the
development of the future of Internet, please email me
crackeur@comcast.net). We are looking for open source software developers
and project management people to take VTD-XML to the next level.