Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de> on 2004/08/30 14:57:07 UTC

Cocoon GetTogether 2004 - Hackathon

Hi,

on the 11th of October, preceding the GetTogether conference day, a
Cocoon Hackathon will take place at the same location as the GT.

If you are planning to attend, please add your name on the wiki:

http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/GT2004Hackathon

In addition if you have any ideas, comments, critics(?) feel free
to add them on the page as well.
We will use the wiki page to plan and organize the hackathon.

Carsten

Carsten Ziegeler
Open Source Group, S&N AG
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.net/weblogs/rael/

Re: Post-Hackathon - merging Rhino

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.
Gianugo Rabellino wrote:

>>RT: I don't know how long you'all stay in Ghent this year but what about
>>having a "post hackathon" on Wednesday that has merging Rhino with
>>Rhino+cont as task? For me it's really difficult to find out how it
>>works and what we have to do.
>>

>What would be wrong in making it a Hackaton day topic?
>
>So far I could foresee some very nice stuff for the Hackaton: the
>whole new kernel issue, the possible spring integration, new blocks
>and Rhino. Enough to fill up a day. :)

Sounds good from the topics but having only one day is *very* short. I
also think that every topic has a part that is of a general interest and
not only. We could use the Wednesday to get a second day for a the
Hackathon/foo-camp.

--
Reinhard

Re: Post-Hackathon - merging Rhino

Posted by Gianugo Rabellino <gi...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 18:07:41 +0200, Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it> wrote:
> Gianugo Rabellino wrote:
> > So far I could foresee some very nice stuff for the Hackaton: the
> > whole new kernel issue, the possible spring integration, new blocks
> > and Rhino. Enough to fill up a day. :)
>
> Enough to fill up several days, I'd say ;-). If there are many people
> attending, like last year or more, we might think about splitting the
> hackathon in two or three workgroups, one tackling the rhino issue,
> another one real blocks, etc.

Which is exactly what is planned :)

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino

Re: Post-Hackathon - merging Rhino

Posted by Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>.
Gianugo Rabellino wrote:
> So far I could foresee some very nice stuff for the Hackaton: the
> whole new kernel issue, the possible spring integration, new blocks
> and Rhino. Enough to fill up a day. :)

Enough to fill up several days, I'd say ;-). If there are many people
attending, like last year or more, we might think about splitting the
hackathon in two or three workgroups, one tackling the rhino issue,
another one real blocks, etc.

	Ugo

Re: Post-Hackathon - merging Rhino

Posted by Gianugo Rabellino <gi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Hi,
>
>on the 11th of October, preceding the GetTogether conference day, a
>Cocoon Hackathon will take place at the same location as the GT.
>
>If you are planning to attend, please add your name on the wiki:
>
>http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/GT2004Hackathon
>
>In addition if you have any ideas, comments, critics(?) feel free
>to add them on the page as well.
>We will use the wiki page to plan and organize the hackathon.
>
>Carsten

RT: I don't know how long you'all stay in Ghent this year but what about
having a "post hackathon" on Wednesday that has merging Rhino with
Rhino+cont as task? For me it's really difficult to find out how it
works and what we have to do.

Vadim, in the case you come to Ghent this year, would you mind
explaining me (us) how Rhino+continuations works, what you've done so
far and which tasks are still open? This way we could form a group of
people who can do the merge together.

WDOT?

--
Reinhard