Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Masatake Iwasaki <iw...@oss.nttdata.com> on 2022/08/01 03:03:57 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 3.3.4

+1(binding)

* skimmed the contents of site documentation.

* built the source tarball on Rocky Linux 8 (x86_64) by OpenJDK 8 with `-Pnative`.

* launched pseudo distributed cluster including kms and httpfs with Kerberos and SSL enabled.
   * created encryption zone, put and read files via httpfs.
   * ran example MR wordcount over encryption zone.

* launched 3-node docker cluster with NN-HA and RM-HA enabled and ran some example MR jobs.

* built HBase 2.4.13, Hive 3.1.3 and Spark 3.2.1 against Hadoop 3.3.4 RC1
   on CentOS 7 (x86_64) by using Bigtop and ran smoke-tests.
   https://github.com/apache/bigtop/pull/964

   * HBsae needed to fix relocation rules due to dependency on okhttp added by HDFS-16453.

* built Spark 3.3.0 using the staging repository.

Thanks,
Masatake Iwasaki

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
no, not set up for an arm build and i was trying to get this out in a a
hurry. i'll will have to build a new ec2 image for the docker runs there

Posted by Cheng Pan <ch...@apache.org>.

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Cheng Pan <ch...@apache.org>.