Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by "Kursun, Mahmut" <Ma...@com-magazin.de> on 2006/09/25 16:03:45 UTC

Which Operating-System do you use for Nutch

Hi,

I want to install Nutch for testing purposes and would like to know
which OS, Filesystem and sort of Harddiscs other Nutch users prefer.

What I am going to use is Fedora Core 6 Test 3 with ext3 on a 40-80 GB
IDE Harddisc. That is also to test Fedora Core 6 Test 3. But I am free
to install any OS or Filesystem that I like.

Viele Grüße

Mahmut Kursun
Redaktion com! - Das Computer-Magazin
Neue Mediengesellschaft mbH
Bayerstr. 26
80335 München
Telefon: +49 / 89 / 74 117-641
Telefax: +49 / 89 / 74 117-132
mahmut.kursun@com-magazin.de
http://www.com-magazin.de

Re: Which Operating-System do you use for Nutch

Posted by Dima Mazmanov <nu...@proservice.ge>.
Hi,Mahmut.

I prefer FreeBSD 5.4, 6.0.
I have nutch installed on 3 machines, built into one cluster.
So, filesystem is UFS, hardisks are different.

 Dima                          mailto:nuther@proservice.ge

Re: Which Operating-System do you use for Nutch

Posted by Dennis Kubes <nu...@dragonflymc.com>.
Fedora Core 5 minimal install with Java 1.5.10

Posted by Tomi NA <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jim Wilson <wi...@gmail.com>.
I'd do it, but I'm too busy being consumed with worries about the lack of
support for HTTP/NTLM credentials and SMB fileshare indexing.

Arrrgg - tis another sad day in the life of this pirate.

-- Jim

Posted by Tomi NA <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jim Wilson <wi...@gmail.com>.
<flamebait>

Posted by Brian Cuttler <br...@wadsworth.org>.
On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 04:03:45PM +0200, Kursun, Mahmut wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to install Nutch for testing purposes and would like to know
> which OS, Filesystem and sort of Harddiscs other Nutch users prefer.
>
> What I am going to use is Fedora Core 6 Test 3 with ext3 on a 40-80 GB
> IDE Harddisc. That is also to test Fedora Core 6 Test 3. But I am free
> to install any OS or Filesystem that I like.

Solaris with UFS file system, or did any mean any linux ? :-)

> Viele Gr��e
>
> Mahmut Kursun
> Redaktion com! - Das Computer-Magazin
> Neue Mediengesellschaft mbH
> Bayerstr. 26
> 80335 M�nchen
> Telefon: +49 / 89 / 74 117-641
> Telefax: +49 / 89 / 74 117-132
> mahmut.kursun@com-magazin.de
> http://www.com-magazin.de
---

Posted by Dima Mazmanov <nu...@proservice.ge>.
Hi,Mahmut.

It's up to you.
Nutch is written on Java, so it doesn't care about OS you have
installed ;)
Just install Java on ypur OS and have fun!;)

Posted by Florian Fricker <fl...@wyona.com>.
Hi,

Works perfect with Mac OS X 10.4.7 as the operating system and HFS-Plus
as filesystem.

Regards

--
Florian Fricker                          florian.fricker@wyona.com
Wyona Inc.   -   Open Source Content Management   -   Apache Lenya