Posted to user@click.apache.org by WarnerJan Veldhuis <wa...@qprcostcontrol.com> on 2010/01/29 13:45:02 UTC

Log4J logging

Hello list,

I was wondering if the values of the mode element in click.xml is
related to the granularity of the logging in the LogService.

In Click-code, I find statements like:

if (logger.isTraceEnabled()) {
      logger.trace("   invoked: " +
ClassUtils.getShortClassName(page.getClass()) + ".onInit()");
}

If I set <mode value="production"/>, I still see those lines. Is mode
only used for Click behaviour, or would it have any influence on the
logging output?

Cheers!

WarnerJan

Re: Log4J logging

Posted by Bob Schellink <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi WarnerJan,

ConsoleLogService takes mode into consideration however Log4JService does not. Normally log4j is
configured through its own configuration ie:

log4j.xml
  <category name="org.apache">
    <priority value="INFO"/>
  </category>

A future release could enhance Log4JService to leverage the mode setting as well.

kind regards

bob