Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by David Novice <dn...@cisco.com> on 2005/02/24 18:40:45 UTC

Please help with subscribe/notify

Following the thread on this list, "Subscribing for event notification",
I've attempted to create similar code that will subscribe using tomcat
server.
I get an error during the notificationListener.subscribe() call like this:

"Feb 24, 2005 12:18:31 PM org.apache.webdav.lib.NotificationListener
subscribe
SEVERE: Subscription for uri='calendars/dnovice' failed. State: 501"

Is this supposed to work? Any pointers to how to debug this for more
information?

Here's my code:

     NotificationListener nl = new NotificationListener( "localhost", 3500,
         "vpn9.cisco.com", 8080,
         Protocol.getProtocol("http"),
         creds, "/webdav",60, true ); // 60 is just in case of UDP failure.

       nl.subscribe( "Update/newmember",
         "calendars/dnovice",
         DepthSupport.DEPTH_1,
         3600,
         86400,
         new Subscriber() {
             public void notify(String uri, Map information) {
                 System.out.println("Event occured : " + uri  );
             }
         },
         creds );

AW: Please help with subscribe/notify

Posted by Daniel Florey <da...@web.de>.
What kind of server are you using? MS Exchange or Slide?