Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by "V.S." <Va...@premiumwine.com.ua> on 2009/12/03 21:17:39 UTC

Product feature - country

Good evening.
Two small questions:
1. For what field HAS_TABLE in table PRODUCT_FEATURE_TYPE is intended
2. I need to use the country as feature for products. Whether there is a
possibility in any way to use as values for feature data from GeoData
(together with localisation), not to create one more list of the countries.

Thanks.

Re: Product feature - country

Posted by "V.S." <Va...@premiumwine.com.ua>.

Rishi Solanki wrote:

Many thanks

Re: Product feature - country

Posted by Rishi Solanki <ri...@gmail.com>.
#1 The HAS_TABLE field in any entity have 2 values Y and N. Which tells that
whether the particular Id has a entity available to set its value or not.
Better to look at PARTY_TYPE in which for the type PERSON and PARTY_GROUP
entities are maintained.
#2 You can do it add new feature type as COUNTRY_FTR or FTR_COUNTRY. Put its
HAS_TABLE to Y. As you put Y here you already have the entity available for
it Geo.
Now go to ProductFeature entity and add countryIds as productFeatureIds
without maintaining any relations. Just make sure you pass the
productFeatureTypeId which you have created just as COUNTRY_FTR or
FTR_COUNTRY. How it will work can be easily understand by
/ecommerce/DemoProduct.xml, but you won't find any direct example.

HTH !

Rishi Solanki
Enterprise Software Developer
HotWax Media Pvt. Ltd.