Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Yitzhak Molko <yi...@symbolab.com> on 2017/07/12 09:02:10 UTC

Network Segmentation

We are running Ignite 1.7 on 20+ servers and using as distributed cache
store.
Caches are partitioned without backup (cacheMode=PARTITIONED, backups=0).

From time to time we are getting network segmentation, so servers are
getting stopped as per default segmentation policy.

In our case we would like to be able reconnect to cluster instead of
stopping server: if we have cache entries with same key on different
segments we can use any cache entry or even drop it.

Can changing properties like SegmentationResolveAttempts
or SegmentCheckFrequency can help?
Is it possible to implement custom segmentation policy that will allow
reconnect to cluster?
And if it is possible can you provide some documentation or direction how
to do this.

Thank you.

--

Yitzhak Molko

Re: Network Segmentation

Posted by luqmanahmad <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Yitzhak,

Please see [1] for more information.

[1]
http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/Two-Ignite-Clusters-formed-after-network-disturbance-td3377.html#a3605
<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/Two-Ignite-Clusters-formed-after-network-disturbance-td3377.html#a3605>

Thanks,
Luqman

Re: Network Segmentation

Posted by eugene miretsky <eu...@gmail.com>.
What does it provide on top of the Zookeeper split brain resolver?
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/zookeeper-discovery

Re: Network Segmentation

Re: Network Segmentation

Posted by luqmanahmad <lu...@gmail.com>.
See [1] for free network segmentation plugin

[1]  https://github.com/luqmanahmad/ignite-plugins
<https://github.com/luqmanahmad/ignite-plugins>

Re: Network Segmentation

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Yitzhak,

Ignite doesn't allow reconnection of server nodes after segmentation. In
general case this causes data inconsistency, so it was a design decision to
make sure segmented nodes are fully restarted.

-Val