Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Ashok Kumar <as...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2016/07/12 05:01:32 UTC

Re: Fast database with writes per second and horizontal scaling

Anyone in Spark as well
My colleague has been using Cassandra. However, he says it is too slow and not user friendly/MongodDB as a doc databases is pretty neat but not fast enough
May main concern is fast writes per second and good scaling.

Hive on Spark or Tez?
How about Hbase. or anything else
Any expert advice warmly acknowledged..
thanking yo

    On Monday, 11 July 2016, 17:24, Ashok Kumar <as...@yahoo.com> wrote:

 Hi Gurus,
Advice appreciated from Hive gurus.
My colleague has been using Cassandra. However, he says it is too slow and not user friendly/MongodDB as a doc databases is pretty neat but not fast enough
May main concern is fast writes per second and good scaling.

Hive on Spark or Tez?
How about Hbase. or anything else
Any expert advice warmly acknowledged..
thanking you

Re: Fast database with writes per second and horizontal scaling

Posted by Marco Colombo <in...@gmail.com>.
Yes, this is not a question for spark user list.
Btw, in db world, performances depend also on which data you have and
schema you want to use.
First put a target, then evaluate technology.
Cassandra can be really fast di you put data via sstableloader  or copy rather
then insert line by line.
Every db has a preferred path for data ingestion.

--
Ing. Marco Colombo

Re: Fast database with writes per second and horizontal scaling

Posted by Yash Sharma <ya...@gmail.com>.

Fwd: Fast database with writes per second and horizontal scaling

Posted by ayan guha <gu...@gmail.com>.
HI

--
Best Regards,