Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Marc Sturlese <ma...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/08 22:04:34 UTC

About fsv (sort field falues)

I am tracing QueryComponent.java and would like to know the pourpose of doFSV
function. Don't understand what fsv are for.
Have tried some queries with fsv=true and some extra info apears in the
response:

<lst name="sort_values"/>

But don't know what is it for and can't find much info out there. I read:
    // The query cache doesn't currently store sort field values, and
SolrIndexSearcher doesn't
    // currently have an option to return sort field values.  Because of
this, we
    // take the documents given and re-derive the sort values.
Is it for cache pourposes?
Thanks in advance!

Re: About fsv (sort field falues)

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.
On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 4:04 PM, Marc Sturlese <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am tracing QueryComponent.java and would like to know the pourpose of doFSV
> function. Don't understand what fsv are for.
> Have tried some queries with fsv=true and some extra info apears in the
> response:
>
> <lst name="sort_values"/>

It's currently an internal feature (i.e. back compat is not
guaranteed) used for merging search results in a distributed search.
It contains the sort values (i.e. what was used to sort the documents)
for everything but "score".

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com