Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/03 02:45:50 UTC

Fwd: Container states trantition questions

Hi,

Does it normal for each container end with TERMINATED(143) ?
The whole MR job is successful, but all containers in the map phase end
with 143.

There are no any useful logs in the NM, AM, Container logs.

Another minor question:
There are only WARN logs in the stderr:
(org.apache.hadoop.metrics2.impl.MetricsSystemImpl).
log4j:WARN See http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/faq.html#noconfig for
more info.
It seems cannot find log4j.propertites, but I've configured:
<property>
  <name>mapreduce.application.classpath</name>
  <value>$HADOOP_MAPRED_HOME/conf,$HADOOP_MAPRED_HOME/*,$HADOOP_MAPRED_HOME/lib/*</value>
</property>
<property>
   <name>yarn.application.classpath</name>
  <value>$HADOOP_COMMON_HOME/conf,$HADOOP_COMMON_HOME/*,$HADOOP_COMMON_HOME/lib/*</value>
</property>

Appreciate for any inputs.

Re: Container states trantition questions

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.
Hi Zhijie,
Yes, I opened debug level, and looked through RM, AM, container's logs,
container always receive SIGTERM(15) after transition to FINISHED,  webUI
just shows the diagnostics message.

Thanks Zhijie.

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.
Hi Zhijie,

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.
Hi Zhijie,

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.
Hi Zhijie,

Posted by Zhijie Shen <zs...@hortonworks.com>.

--
Zhijie Shen
Hortonworks Inc.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Container states trantition questions

Posted by Zhijie Shen <zs...@hortonworks.com>.

--
Zhijie Shen
Hortonworks Inc.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Container states trantition questions

Posted by Zhijie Shen <zs...@hortonworks.com>.

--
Zhijie Shen
Hortonworks Inc.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Container states trantition questions

Posted by Zhijie Shen <zs...@hortonworks.com>.

--
Zhijie Shen
Hortonworks Inc.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Container states trantition questions

Posted by Fengyun RAO <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Fengyun RAO <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Fengyun RAO <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Fengyun RAO <ra...@gmail.com>.