Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Frederico Madeira <fr...@farmaciadospobres.com.br> on 2003/04/16 16:55:33 UTC

pages with servlets

Hellow,

I´m new in this plataform and want to now about one question:

In my jsp file i include the follow line:
<jsp:useBean id="funcao" class="FncData" />

When i run the page the follow error return-me:

An error occurred at line: 4 in the jsp file: /Teste3b.jsp
Generated servlet error:
    [javac] Since fork is true, ignoring compiler setting.
    [javac] Compiling 1 source file
    [javac] Since fork is true, ignoring compiler setting.
    [javac] /opt/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24/work/Standalone/localhost/teste/Teste3b_jsp.java:49: cannot resolve symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class FncData
    [javac] location: class org.apache.jsp.Teste3b_jsp
    [javac]       FncData funcao = null;
    [javac]       ^
An error occurred at line: 4 in the jsp file: /Teste3b.jsp
Generated servlet error:
    [javac] /opt/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24/work/Standalone/localhost/teste/Teste3b_jsp.java:51: cannot resolve symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class FncData
    [javac] location: class org.apache.jsp.Teste3b_jsp
    [javac]         funcao = (FncData) pageContext.getAttribute("funcao", PageContext.PAGE_SCOPE);
    [javac]                   ^
An error occurred at line: 4 in the jsp file: /Teste3b.jsp
Generated servlet error:
    [javac] /opt/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.24/work/Standalone/localhost/teste/Teste3b_jsp.java:54: cannot resolve symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class FncData
    [javac] location: class org.apache.jsp.Teste3b_jsp
    [javac]             funcao = (FncData) java.beans.Beans.instantiate(this.getClass().getClassLoader(), "FncData");
    [javac]                       ^
    [javac] 3 errors

I think taht he don´t found the FncData.class in root directory. Is corrext ?? how i fix ??
if i create a directory with name servlet and want to put every servlets into how i make it.

tanks.

Frederico Madeira
Coordenador de Suporte
N. Landim Comércio Ltda
PABX: 81. 3497.3029
e-mail: fred@farmaciadospobres.com.br

Re: pages with servlets

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
If you are running a 1.3.x JVM, then you just need to import the FncData
class via a <%@page import="..." %> statement.  If you are using a 1.4.x
JVM, then you need to re-package your bean in a real package, and then do as
above.

"Frederico Madeira" <fr...@farmaciadospobres.com.br> wrote in message
[...]

N. Landim Com�rcio Ltda