Posted to user@struts.apache.org by David Graham <dg...@hotmail.com> on 2002/10/16 20:37:47 UTC

Re: FormBean Vs ModelBean dilemma

I don't see anything wrong with your setup.  Keep in mind that the reason
you have 2 hierarchies is so your business layer doesn't know what
environment it's running in.  You can reuse your model beans in a swing
application with no changes.  The form beans are only used in a struts web
environment.

You could pass your form beans directly into your business layer but that's
not very elegant and will be frowned upon by most architects.

David